View Portfolio


About erin

community support and volunteerism:
American Foundation for Suicide Prevention
C.A.S.T Children's Theatre
MARC Inc., of Manchester
Saint James Church
Saint James School 

accolades and accomplishments:
BA Business administration, Uvm, 2000

Cooking, Reading, event planning

current favorite book:
becoming, Michelle Obama

favorite band at the moment:
The Descendants 3 soundtrack

Random Fact:
I didn't know I had curly hair until I was in 6th grade because my mom would always blow dry it straight.

must visit bucket list:
Ireland, London, Italy

"Hi, I'm Erin and we're friends."

The short version:

I almost always have a smile on my face and a camera within reach.  I didn't go about learning photography in a traditional manner. It took a tragedy to steer me in that direction. I am blessed to have had (and still have) the people in my life who have taught, mentored, inspired and given me a reason to keep smiling.

The Whole story:

I have always loved having my picture taken and was that person who had camera in their bag (this was before camera phones, so it was an Olympus 35mm with film) since you never knew when a photo op would present itself.  

In 2002, I was living in Boston and my best friend introduced me to Neal, a news photographer in New Hampshire at the time. Since I am pretty outgoing, I figured he and I were friends, so I asked him to take my picture for Christmas cards (which included taking the film of 24 or 36 exposures to get developed at a store, paying for doubles, and sticking them to folded cards). He did and that was the start of our relationship.  

Neal got a job as a news photographer in Boston, we got married in 2008 and bought a house in Newburyport, MA. After 4 years of my being his primary photography subject, twin girls, Ellery and Elisabeth, came into the picture.  As much as I wanted to learn more about digital photography, I was focusing on raising our daughters.  So, I watched as Neal bought new equipment and started taking family photos and booking weddings all while continuing to work the night shift. In March 2014, when the girls were one month shy of turning two years old, Neal died by suicide. My life became a blur and I had to adjust to a new normal. All of Neal’s equipment was put into bins and left alone.  

Ten months after Neal's death, I received a birthday message on Facebook from a friend of mine from junior high and high school, Tom.  It was a simple message “Happy Birthday, I hope you have a wonderful day with your beautiful girls”, but it stuck with me as the girls and I drove down to Manchester, CT, where I had grown up, and where Tom still lived, for the weekend. I reached out to him to see if he wanted to get together and catch up since it had been almost 15 years since we had seen each other. We did and there was an instant connection.  A few months later the girls and I moved to Manchester. Tom and I got engaged and we were married in 2016.  I knew that Neal would not have wanted his equipment to be sitting around in bins, collecting dust.  He would have wanted it to be used to capture, smiling faces, beautiful sunsets, mouthwatering food and a freshly caught striped bass or two. So when the girls started Pre-K in 2016, I decided to open that bin and teach myself how to use his camera. I met Jen that year and started working for J. Fiereck Photography. I’m proud to say that I’m still carrying Neal’s camera in my bag, but haven't photographed the bass yet.